Imagine your typical girls’ night – with great friends, sharing stories and laughter – but add in discussions around savings, finances and investing.
Now pick 10 of your girlfriends and invite them over. We think 10 is a good number, not too many or too few, to have spirited, inspired discussions.
- Create individual and group savings goals by month or year
- Identify club rules so every member feels comfortable and supported at every meeting
- Discuss key topics that each member wants to learn about
- Focus on one savings topic at each meeting – banking, investing, microlending, budgeting, menu planning
- Coordinate an exchange at each meeting to save on material goods – clothing, books, magazines
- Discuss communication tools – blogs, social networks, conference calls – between meetings
Our club rules:
- Be present in sharing ideas and fully engage in discussion
- Don’t spend money on snacks – bring what you have
- Every month, bring something to trade
- Only share financial particulars if you’re comfortable
- Refrain from judging other’ spending choices
- Respect others’ values and life choices
Feature experts if you want, and make it your own. Regularly update each other on savings successes and highlights and discuss any financial challenges you’re facing. Support and inspire each other in your savings goals and help each other reach financial freedom.
If you need ideas, help setting up your club or want us to speak to your group, give us a shout, we’re here to help! WomensSavingClub@gmail.com
We hope you’ll let us know how it’s going and how much your group of amazing women is saving!